- Plan & Book
- Trip Planning
- Trip Management
- Booking management
- Offers & Promotion
- Travel Information
- Our Services
1. Select Seat
Hong Kong Airlines always strive to offer you the best and diversified services onboard. That’s why we have prepared Extra legroom seats for our valued passengers. Want to have more personal space than the others during your journey?
Charge for each sector
Short haul (including flights between Hong Kong and Japan, China & Southeast Asia)
Long haul(including flights between Hong Kong and Gold Coast & Cairns)
# Gold and silver members of Fortune Wings Club may reserve Extra legroom seat free of charge for HX flights depart in eligible airports. You may also reserve Extra legroom seats by calling our Call Center.
2. Pre-Purchased Baggage & Extra Baggage Charges
3. Pets/ Sporting Equipment/ Musical instruments
Except service dogs, Hong Kong Airlines accepts pet or animal of any description (domestic dogs and cats only) as checked baggage only, both are not permitted in our passenger cabin. Booking needs to be made in advance through our reservation, a minimum of 7 working days prior to travel. There is no free baggage allowance for pets. Baggage charges would be levied for all pets when accepted as checked baggage. Pets such as dogs, cats will be transported in a container/cage which meets the applicable requirement in the IATA Live Animal regulations. We recommend you to check with the local government office for all documentation required (i.e. health certificates and travel permits) if you plan to fly with your pet.
*charges may apply, please contact Call Center for more details.
3.2 Sporting Equipment
Sporting Equipment is subject to the applicable standard excess baggage charges if in excess of your standard free baggage allowance.
3.3 Musical instruments
Free Bicycle Baggage Allowance
1. Free bicycle baggage allowance is applicable to the routes.
2. Please contact Call Center for bicycle baggage allowance application at least 48 hrs in advance before departure;
3. Passengers should provide the weight and dimensions of the bicycle clearly for application;
4. The checked bicycle should be well-packed prior to check-in;
5. If no advance reservation was made, passengers’ bicycle will be treated as standby baggage;
6. In case of any disputes, the decision of Hong Kong Airlines shall be final.
7. The promotion is valid with immediate effect until December 31, 2017, the travel period must be finished on or before December 31, 2017.
We welcome passengers to travel with their musical instruments. We advise it kept inside a sturdy round-edged hard case which can protect the musical instruments from impact. Depending on the size of your instrument, you may need to checked in. Musical instrument in soft cases will not be accepted, and we will not provide hard cases.
Bringing your instrument as part of your luggage
You can bring small musical instruments (like flutes or violins) onto the plane as part of your cabin baggage allowance. Please ensure they’re stored in a hard case and can be safely stowed inside the overhead locker. If there is no stowage space or exceed the dimensions limitation, the instrument will have to be checked in and considered as checked baggage.
1. Dimensions must not exceed 76 x 25 x 13cm or 30 x 10 x 5inches (height x width x depth) including the case.
2. Weight must not exceed 7kg (15lbs) including the case.
Large musical instruments, like a guitar or cello, which exceed the above dimension limits or the cabin baggage allowance, must be checked in. Please be aware that weight and dimension restrictions for checked baggage apply (include the hard case of the instrument).
Musical Instrument Protection Case – reservation required
Hong Kong Airlines has prepared protection case for musical instrument (inner dimension: length 112cm x width 45.5cm x depth 21cm) for passenger use.
Reservations are required 3 working days before scheduled departure. Contact us for assistance in reserving a musical instrument protection case.
1. Dimensions must not exceed 112 x 45.5 x 21cm or 44 x 18 x 8inches including the case
2. Weight must not excess 8kg (18lbs) including the case.
3. Available on Hong Kong Airlines network with daily scheduled flight ONLY
a)China Region – Beijing, Shanghai (Pudong & Hongqiao), Chengdu, Chongqing, Fuzhou, Guiyang, Haikou, Sanya, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Tianjin
b) Asia Region – Hong Kong, Taipei, Denpasar, Okinawa, Tokyo(Narita), Osaka(Kansai), Bangkok, Krabi, Hanoi
4. Passenger must approach airport check-in counter
5. Numbers of protection cases are limited, and may not be able to correspond to your request
6. Starting from 14th March 2016, service will extend to other musical instruments which fit for the inner dimension of the musical instrument protection case
Please place your special order at least 48 hours prior to flight departure.
Please take below information for your reference.
For further details, orders and charges,
please contact our Reservation office.
Tel: +852 3916-3666(Hong Kong) , +86 898 950715(China)
*available only to outbound flights from Hong Kong
Cake Weight: 1 pound
（Hong Kong International Airport）
VIP Lounge provides free service for :
- Business Class passenger travelling on Hong Kong Airlines
- Fortune Wings Club Gold and Silver members travelling on Hong Kong Airlines, one companion travelling with Gold member
5.1 Infants Travelling with Passengers
5.2 Unaccompanied Children and Minors
Owing to limited facilities onboard for infants*, only a certain number of infant passengers can be accommodated, please contact the Reservations Office for prior arrangement.
When an infant has reached the age of two during any sectors of a journey, a child ticket is then required for travel. If a passenger is travelling with two infants, one of the infant passengers (who must reach 6 months) will have to travel on a child ticket as "infant occupying seat".
Infant tickets can only be purchased through our Call Center.
"Unaccompanied Minor (UM) Service"* is provided to children from the ages of 6 to 12 who are not travelling with an adult. To ensure proper arrangement, please inform the Reservation Office 48 hours prior to flight departure. *charges may apply, please contact Call Center. for more details.