- Plan & Book
- Offers & Promotion
- Travel Information
- Our Services
- Frequent Flyer
- About Us
When traveling, it is worth taking extra measures to secure your baggage and valuables. Please refer to a few pointers below:
1. Hand-carry fragile or perishable items.
2. Hand-carry items of value, such as keys, artwork, cameras, money, jewelry, precious metals, silverware, medicines, drug, dangerous goods, commercial goods or samples, personal electronic devices and odd-sized articles, etc.
3. Hand-carry important documents, such as negotiable papers, securities, business documents, passports and other identification documents, etc.
4. Use good quality baggage that lasts longer and can withstand fair wear and tear resulting from the normal rigor of transportation by air and by baggage handling systems.
5. Pack your baggage properly and securely in suitable containers such as musical instruments in sturdy hard case, bicycles in strong and protective case, liquids and gels in plastic bags or water proof containers etc.
6. Do not over pack and overweigh your baggage.
7. Attach name tag(s) or card on the outside and inside of your baggage.
8. Attach unique stickers, tape, or labels on your baggage to ease identification and avoid collection errors on arrival.
9. Remove old destination tag.
10. Ensure your baggage does not contain any dangerous goods. Please refer to our prohibited items for more information.
11. Ensure your baggage is securely closed and locked where possible.
12. Remove straps and protruding objects from your baggage before checking it in.
Passengers are entitled to a free baggage allowance which varies on class or travel. Excess baggage charge will be based on weight and piece system.
Free Checked Baggage Allowance
For all routes operated by Hong Kong Airlines:
1 The maximum weight and dimensions of any single piece of checked baggage should not be over 32kg (70lbs) and 158cm/62" (Length + Width + Height) respectively. Overweight items (Exception: mobility aids, medical equipment, sporting equipment) will be repacked or split into lighter units during check-in otherwise will not be accepted for carriage.
2 Infant refers to a passenger under 2 years old who does not occupy a seat.
An excess baggage charge will be levied on any baggage that exceeds the free checked baggage allowance.
1. For excess baggage rates, please contact our Call Center or Airport Ticket Counter
2. Baby strollers and wheelchairs must be checked-in.
3. The acceptance of oversized and overweight items will be subject to space availability of the aircraft on the day of departure
For through journeys where the passenger travels partly on business class and partly on economy class, the free baggage allowance for each portion of travel shall be granted according to each purchased ticket class.
Where a passenger who has paid the business class fare travels on economy class, the free baggage allowance shall be given based on that for the business class.
For all routes operated by Hong Kong Airlines:
Charge for baggage in excess of the free baggage allowance is calculated per kilogram (2.2 lbs.) on a zone basis as listed below.
1 or equivalent amount in local currency calculated by IATA IROE (follow the corresponding rounding unit requirement).
Oversized baggage: USD100 per piece for a baggage > 158cm or 62”
Baggage with excessive size and weight: accumulating charging
Sporting equipments, pets, mobility aids
Sporting Equipment is subject to the applicable standard excess baggage charges if in excess of your standard free baggage allowance.
Free Bicycle Baggage Allowance
1. Free bicycle baggage allowance is applicable to passengers who travel to and/or from Taiwan (Taipei), Japan (Okinawa, Kagoshima, Sapporo), Hainan (Haikou, Sanya) only. Each passenger is allowed to enjoy the allowance for one (1) bicycle weight not more than 25KG only;
2. Please contact Call Center for bicycle baggage allowance application at least 48 hrs in advance before departure;
3. Passengers should provide the weight and dimensions of the bicycle clearly for application;
4.The checked bicycle should be well-packed prior to check-in;
5. If no advance reservation was made, passengers’ bicycle will be treated as standby baggage;
6. In case of any disputes, the decision of Hong Kong Airlines shall be final.
7. The promotion is valid with immediate effect until December 31, 2016, the travel period must be finished on or before December 31, 2016.
Travelling wiht Pets
Except service dogs, only flight departed from Hong Kong accepts pet or animal of any description (domestic dogs and cats only) as checked baggage** only, both are not permitted in our passenger cabin. Passengers travelling with pets are responsible for providing all document required by local government officers (i.e. health certificate and travel permits for the pets). For Hong Kong regulatory information regarding live animal transition, please refer to Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department. For import/export/transit regulations of a particular country, please refer to IATA Travel Centre (Choose your destination from the dropdown list under Customs, Currency& Airport information Section). and IATA Traveller's Pets Corner.
Unaccompanied pets or pets not accepable as check-in baggage must be shipped through cargo. For more details, please contact our Cargo Sales Offices.
**Passenger's free baggage allowance will not apply to pets carried as check-in baggage and charges would be levied for all pets when accepted as checked baggage.
Preparations for Travelling With Your Pets
2.Total weight of the pet and its container
3.Dimentions of the container
4.Material and make of the pet container, e.g. solid fibreglass, rigid plastic or metal with strong weld metal mesh which has sufficient ventilation pores etc.
5.Valid health and vaccination certificates, entry permits and other documents required by Country of entry or transit (please check IATA Travel Centre under Customs, Currency & Airport information Section for reference)
Mobility Aids like wheelchair that are carried by the passenger can be accepted without charge as in addition to the baggage allowance.
For Baggage Allowance and Extra Baggage Charges for Codeshare flight
When travelling on a codeshare flight operated by our codeshare partner, the operating carrier's baggage policy applies. For details, please visit the operating carrier's website.
For Baggage Allowance and Extra Baggage Charges for multi-sector journey involving various airlines
For interline connection involving two or more airlines, the Most Significant Carrier (MSC) i.e. the carrier providing the long haul journey or longest mileage will dominate the free checked baggage allowance for the entire journey.
When stopover(s) is /are made, the free checked baggage allowance of individual carriers will apply for their respective sectors.
If you have a connecting flight with another airline, you maybe able to request check-in directly through to your final destination airport if Hong Kong Airlines has an interline agreement with the other airline. Your flights must also be on the same ticket, or are issued in conjunction with each other. You may check with the airlines of your different sectors for more details.
*This is applied for Hong Kong Airport