Requirements for passengers travelling to Hong Kong from high-risk places
All passengers, including Hong Kong residents, who have stayed in the following Group A specified places (extremely high-risk) under Cap.599H in the past 21 days are not allowed to board any flights to Hong Kong, until further notice.
· From 22 December 2020: UK
· From 25 December 2020: South Africa
· From 23 January 2021: Brazil and Ireland
Travellers who have stayed in Group B specified places (very high-risk) under Cap.599H, including Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, Ecuador, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Nepal, Pakistan, Romania, Russia, the Philippines, Turkey, Ukraine and USA (Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates effective from 2 February 2021) for 21 days before boarding a flight to Hong Kong are required to present the following documents during check-in:
1. A test report in English or Chinese issued by a laboratory or healthcare institution with the name of the relevant traveller identical to his/her valid travel document to show that (template):
⁃ the relevant traveller underwent a nucleic acid test for COVID-19, the sample for which was taken from the relevant traveller within 72 hours before the scheduled time of departure of the specified aircraft; and
⁃ the test result of the relevant traveller was negative for COVID-19.
2. If the relevant report is not in English or Chinese or does not contain all of the above information, a written confirmation in English or Chinese issued by the laboratory or healthcare institution with the name of the relevant traveller identical to his/her valid travel document, setting out all of the above information, and presented together with the test report.
3. Documentary proof in English or Chinese to show that the laboratory or healthcare institution is ISO 15189 accredited or is recognised or approved by the relevant authority of the government of the place in which the facility is located. (template)
4. Confirmation in English or Chinese of a *hotel room reservation in Hong Kong for not less than 14 nights starting on the day of the arrival.
The above requirements do not apply to passengers transiting through Hong Kong.
Additional health quarantine and testing arrangements for inbound travellers
From 25 December 2020, all travellers arriving in Hong Kong from countries outside China are required to present confirmation of room reservation at a *Designated Quarantine Hotel to undergo 21-day compulsory quarantine before boarding.
From 21 December 2020, all travellers arriving in Hong Kong from countries outside China are required to present confirmation of room reservation at a *Designated Quarantine Hotel to undergo 14-day compulsory quarantine before boarding.
The Government will arrange dedicated transportation to send travellers to the designated quarantine hotels from airport and the Holding Centre for Test Result.
Travellers aged six or above arriving in Hong Kong from 2 December 2020 are required to undergo COVID-19 test on the 19th or 20th day.
Hong Kong Airlines will strictly enforce the requirements to comply with the government’s regulation. Passengers with incomplete documentary proof will not be accepted for boarding.
Travellers to Hong Kong should note that even they have conducted a COVID-19 nucleic acid test before returning to Hong Kong, for prudence sake, they will still be mandated to take the Combined Nasal and Throat Swabs (CNTS) for COVID-19 at the DH's Temporary Specimen Collection Centre and wait for their test results at a designated location pursuant to the Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance (Cap. 599).
If their test results are negative, they will be allowed to go to the listed hotel for which they made the reservation to continue the 14-day compulsory quarantine until completion. If their results are positive, the travellers will be transferred to hospital for isolation and treatment. Close contacts of confirmed cases will be sent to quarantine centre.
*List of Designated Quarantine Hotels