- This Advance Upgrade (“Upgrade”) is subject to these Terms and Conditions. By paying for an upgrade of air ticket from Economy Class to Business Class, you shall be deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- The Upgrade is only available for passenger who has already purchased one-way and/or round trip Economy Class tickets for flights between Hong Kong and selected destinations and agreed to receive Hong Kong Airlines promotional materials and registered Advance Upgrade invitation email while booking via Hong Kong Airlines’ official website. You may receive an invitation email about Upgrade 14 days prior to your scheduled departure date.
- The price of the Upgrade is based on the selected destinations and individual sectors at the time of purchase and subject to currency fluctuation. Passengers shall be responsible for differences of applicable taxes and surcharges.
- Passenger may check his/her eligibility for Upgrade by entering the booking reference via Hong Kong Airlines’ official website.
- The Upgrade is only applicable for ONE passenger per booking. In the event that the booking contains two or more passengers, each Upgrade price can only be applied to one of the passengers and his/her original booking will be cancelled. We will try our best to accommodate your special request made in the original booking.
- The Upgrade is only available for flights marketed and operated by Hong Kong Airlines (HX) only. Not available for special flights, chartered flights, interline flights or codeshare flights.
- The Upgrade purchased is valid on selected flights and dates. No-show fee, re-booking fee, re-routing fee and refund fee are subject to original ticket fare rules (i.e. Economy Class) as applicable to each origin/destination. Hong Kong Airlines shall refund the fees of Extra Legroom Seat or Preferred Seat (if applicable) to the passenger when the Upgrade has been completed. It will take approximately 6-8 weeks to complete the refund process. If you have any queries, please contact Hong Kong Airlines Customer Service Centre via firstname.lastname@example.org. If passenger purchased prepaid excess baggage, the excess baggage allowance will be added with Business Class baggage allowance. Other value-added product shall not be refunded under normal circumstances.
- Upgraded sector is non-reroutable, non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event of re-booking, no-show and cancellation by the passenger, the upgrade fees will not be refunded.
- The Upgrade must be purchased at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time.
- The Upgrade is subject to availability and is offered on a first-come first-served basis. The seat availability is also subject to aircraft type.
- The Upgrade is not applicable to the following types of passengers:
11.1 Passenger (over 18 years old) who is travelling with a child (2-11 years old) and/or infant (below 2 years old);
11.2 Tickets are not purchased via Hong Kong Airlines’ official website;
11.3 Unaccompanied minor (6-11 years old);
11.4 Passenger using the redemption air ticket;
11.5 Passenger purchased the air ticket together with travel insurance on Hong Kong Airlines’ official website; and
11.6 Aircraft type does not provide for Business Class for selected flight.
- Hong Kong Airlines will not be liable for any matter or loss in relation to any error or omission due to technical problems including but not limited to any computer or internet network issues.
- For passenger who requires special assistance, please contact Hong Kong Airlines Customer Service Centre.
- Booking is not completed or accepted by Hong Kong Airlines until payment has been received and a booking reference has been issued.
- Passengers are advised to check the latest Outbound Travel Alert issued by Hong Kong Government from time to time before planning their trip.
- Fortune Wings Club (FWC) members are eligible for FWC points accrual of the original ticket. Points credit will be based on original booking class (i.e. Economy Class) and is subject to FWC’s terms and conditions which is available here.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any third party rights or benefits.
- The Upgrade with the seat is subject to the General Conditions of Carriage published by Hong Kong Airlines (subject to change from time to time) and is available on Hong Kong Airlines’ website.
- Hong Kong Airlines reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
- If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English and Chinese versions of the Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
- In the event of any dispute regarding any of the Terms and Conditions, the decision of Hong Kong Airlines shall be final.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.