Hong Kong Airlines suspends San Francisco service; adds frequencies to Haikou, Hangzhou and Sapporo
Last Updated:(United States)2019-08-12
Hong Kong Airlines will suspend its scheduled services between Hong Kong and San Francisco from 5 October 2019 following a review of its network and a change in business plan for USA market. Hong Kong Airlines remains committed to serving our customers in North America and will continue to offer services between Hong Kong and Los Angeles, as well as Vancouver.
The last Hong Kong Airlines flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco will be HX060 and the last flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong will be HX061 on 4 October 2019 (all times local).
Passengers who are holding confirmed tickets on Hong Kong Airlines’ San Francisco flights after the service ends will be offered alternative arrangements, including:
· Free change of travel date for flights between Hong Kong and San Francisco before 5 October 2019
· Full refund of unused sectors to passengers who will travel on or after 5 October 2019 and wish to cancel their trips
· Free change to any destination operated by Hong Kong Airlines (applicable fare and taxes difference may apply)
· Free transfer to other partner carriers to be arranged by Hong Kong Airlines (subject to seat availability)
We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will do our best to ensure that the arrangements fulfil the needs of all affected passengers. Customers may call our 24-hour Service Hotline or email us for enquiries and assistance:
Tel: +852 3916 3666
Tel: + 1 855 392 3889
Hong Kong Airlines regularly reviews the market and adjusts our operations accordingly to cater to travel demand. From September 2019, Hong Kong Airlines will add more flights to the following destinations:
· Operate three daily flights between Hong Kong and Haikou from 2 September 2019, giving our customers more flexibility in planning their travel.
· Four additional weekly flights between Hong Kong and Hangzhou from 8 September 2019, offering our passengers more choice and convenience with a total of 14 flights per week between the two cities.
· Two additional flights per week between Hong Kong and Sapporo from 28 September 2019, bringing the total number of services between the two destinations to 11 flights per week.
Hong Kong Airlines is committed to offering a sustainable travel service. We will continue to explore opportunities to improve our network and offer our best services to all customers.