Requirements for transit service at Hong Kong International Airport
Transit services at Hong Kong International Airport will resume in phases from 1 June 2020. Hong Kong Airlines passengers are allowed to transit in Hong Kong under the following conditions:
- Itinerary for both flights is under one booking
- Fulfil the entry requirements of their final destination
- Onward boarding passes to be printed from origin and baggage checked through to final destination
- Connecting time is within 24 hours
Transit services at Hong Kong International Airport to/from Mainland China destinations are currently not available. Customers travelling to/from Mainland China via Hong Kong will be required to quarantine in Hong Kong for 14 days from the date of arrival before continuing their journey. In order to comply with quarantine regulations, these customers who are not resident in Hong Kong must present the following at check-in:
- Proof of their onward travel from Hong Kong dated at least 14 days after their arrival
- Proof of hotel accommodation in Hong Kong for at least 14 days from their arrival date
Customers who are unable to provide the above will not be permitted to travel.
All customers in transit through Hong Kong must ensure they comply with the latest transit requirements before they travel.
From 17 June to 16 July 2020, two daily charter ferry service will operate between Hong Kong SkyPier and Macao Taipa. Macao residents who wish to use this special ferry service must register online, 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure of their flight. Please see Government Information Bureau of the Macao SAR for more information.
All other air-to-sea or sea-to-air ferry services between Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area remain suspended until further notice.
The safety and well-being of our customers is our top priority. Passengers travelling with Hong Kong Airlines are required to wear a face covering throughout the journey. Please see Mandatory face covering for travel on Hong Kong Airlines flights for more information.